Saturday, May 30, 2009

LibraryThing and Rollyo

I posted Shelfari (after seeing other bloggers using it) a bit before LibraryThing. After using LibraryThing, I must say I perfer Shelfari when sharing books that I have read or want to read. Even though LibraryThing is advanced in it's capabilities (the word "library" gives it away), I would rather not get fusy when sharing my favorite books with the public or library workers. I am not trying to shoot down LibraryThing. I think it is great for library workers to use, and can learn from, and was thrilled to see all the variety of details you can manually add. I just would rather keep it simple when sharing my books...

I love Rollyo! I can see this being used on a library website, or better yet, online research guides. I had a grand time maneuvering and testing this little searcher...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like Rollyo. It didn't do a whole lot for me; I think I'll have to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rollyo is great if you can think creatively--lots of 27 Things participants have come up with wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it as a custom engine for a defined subject area, and probably would use it more for things like class assignments or pathfinders.

    ReplyDelete